Return to all Bestselling Members
Singapore, The Republic of Singapore
Bestseller Status: Confirmed
Sam Chia has over 25 years experience as an international business leader, business coach, human resource consultant and facilitator.
He began his career as a Chartered Certified Accountant in 1984. He obtained his Master of Business Administration in 1993 from University of Bath, United Kingdom and had transited his career to General Management upon graduation.
From 1994 to 2007, he was the Vice President and Managing Director of subsidiaries of global listed company. He had profit and loss responsibility for the specialty chemicals businesses spanning across Asia and India. In 2006, he had attended the High Potentials Leadership Program, Harvard Business School to enhance his leadership practices.
Sam had resided in China, Singapore and Malaysia and had built and led successful diversified teams across Asia. In addition to building a profitable organization, some of his other achievements included leading the successful implementation of 6 Sigma, ISO14001, ISO9001 and expansion into emerging economies like Vietnam and India.
In 2008, Sam took up the role of Managing Director of a regional human resource practices specializing in leadership assessment and development. His responsibilities included both direct provisions of services to key clients as well as leading the strategic direction and business growth of the company in the Asia-Pacific region.
In his work, Sam applies insights using assessment technology, positive psychology, action learning, coaching and blended learning to help leaders expand their personal performance and organizational capabilities.
Sam has also obtained the following certifications to improve his service effectiveness when supporting his clients
- Member, International Coach Federation
- Certified Coach, Marshall Goldsmith Stakeholder Centered Coaching
- Certified Solution Focused Coach, Canadian Council of Professional Certification
- Certificate in Coaching, Henley Business School, University of Reading, UK
- Certified Job and Career Development Coach, Career Planning and Adult Development Network, U.S.
- Certified Professional Trainer, International Professional Managers Association
- Certificate in Training, Pembangunan Sumber Manusia Berhad (PSMB), Malaysia
- Certified Profiler in Harrison Assessment
- Certified Directive Communication Psychology Practitioner
- Certified Facilitator, The Bullet Proof Manager program, United State
- Accredited Partner, Market Culture
Sam has keened interest in leadership development through coaching. He has coached senior leaders and executive teams from both private and non- profit organization.
With his passion in coaching, Sam has co-edited a book; “Coaching in Asia: The First Decade” together with a team of coaches from International Coaching Federation to create coaching awareness and to share coaching experience in Asia.